Saturday, July 24, 2010

A competition FOR THE AGES!

Well here we are, at the end of what some would call the most exciting competition ever created by mere mortals, others would call worthy of the nectar of the bosom of Zeus' appraise, and others might call 1-800-GHOSTBUSTERS

Call it what you wish, here are the pictures that changed Lebanon forever.

The competition was divided between Twitter and Facebook. And I have 3 pairs of tickets to giveaway. 1 pair for Twitter users and 2 for Facebook. Let the games begin!

I asked for the most insane outrageous epic hilarious pictures of yourself or that you took.

First let's take a look at our Twitter submissions. To enter the competition you simply had to hashtag #nemrtix and mention@nemrcomedy, here are the submissions:


@PhilippeMa kicked things off with this riveting entry. My Take: Van Gogh meets Colonialism - a riveting piece.


@neomaru responded with this EPIC entry. My take: How to look like you purposefully wanted to be at the beach in jeans and a jacket - brilliant.


@Slutterhouse one of the most exciting bands touring the world today decided to rape and pillage with this entry. My take: I may be naked but at least I am wearing hair - manly.


@JimRamK brought in some photoshop power as he decided to climb Taipei. My Take: Photoshop - let's impress the ladies. Impressed.


@funkyozzi who some call the dean of twitter, others the dean of their lives, wrapped things up with this entry. My take: Nose, Lens, Lens, Nose. Introduced.


AND THE WINNER OF TWO VAS (VERY AWESOMELY SEATED) TICKETS IS:


@Slutterhouse - Congratulations. Its one thing for a man to pose like this to make for a sensual poster. When that same man enters it into a comedy competition, meaning he doesn't take himself so seriously like the thousands of artists who do nothing but pose and have no content, it shows personality originality and not only does that ensure that Slutterhouse will sound and survive and prosper, coupled with the image itself it lands itself as a definite I will never forget that image and I simply laughed my ass off.



AND NOW FOR THE FACEBOOK PORTION OF OUR GLORIOUS COMPETITION:

For this portion I chose the top 10 pictures of over 50 entries! Below I will be posting the pic I loved that DIDN'T make the competition. Rules were simple, I added the likes and comments together giving each picture a score, top ten scores made this list and the winner shall be chosen:


It began with this beautiful couples shot submitted by Ralph Melhem. My Take: For a face like that, she must have been doing something INCREDIBLE in the portion of the picture we can't see. Equally, he might be in big trouble and, well, you can kiss those testicles good bye.


Shortly thereafter Charly Hallak responded with this piece. My take: Surprise, I'm not a woman.


Rabih Hallak came back with this entry. My take: Overnighting, it simply doesn't yield results.


Maya Khairallah then posted this piece of eye candy. My take: Killer nuns. EPIC.


Jessica Habib then posted this, she wrote: "Even on stage we seem Lesbian". My take: May the lord bless you many times over in return for this blessing to men everywhere.


Myriam H. Mattar II, yes the second, submitted this. My take: Who needs looks when you can make the ladies laugh.

Belle Savage posted this picture. My take: Very risky move, was I looking for a simple picture just emphasizing your looks? Dinner?


Daniel LeFebvre posted this. My take: Daniel LeFebvre.


Saad El Dine Haroun posted this picture. My take: Montage, post is for pussies.


Christina A. Rizk capped off our top ten list with this one. My take: High Five! Just kidding JUST KIDDING!


AND NOW FOR THE TWO WINNERS OF OUR EPIC COMPETITION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:


Congratulations Ralph Melhem! You get two VAS (very awesomely seated) tickets for your and your girl. This picture simply screams "Yes my girl is hot, but my face is beautiful." Spontaneous, spur of the moment, and hilarious, loved it!

AND


Congratulations Jessica Habib for your two VAS tickets! Another spontaneous picture, not intended to convey what it conveys but it does, and that's what puts you ahead of the game. Add to it the fact that any man who does not support the conveyance of love between two women is not a man at all and I'll see you on August 8!

AND NOW FOR THE PICTURE THAT I WANTED IN THE COMPETITION BUT WAS NOT VOTED IN:(


Submitted by Caren El Mouzawak I almost had a heart attack when I saw this one. Destined to scar our minds for all eternity this would have been a definite winner. My take: Caren you don't have to do this, there are organizations that will protect you.


So congratulations to all our winners! I will see you on August 8 at Edde Sands! For all those who want to buy tickets they are on sale at all branches of Virgin Megastores across Lebanon and if you are currently outside of the country log on to www.ticketingboxoffice.com to buy yours online!

And check out the event page and keep posting pics! People still are and there a LOT of pics that are f-ing INCREDIBLE that you would surely enjoy! Click here!

One Love :)





6 comments:

  1. That was a colleague's nose :P

    Seriously epic photos! especially the last one.. i just... i dont get why would anyone do this.. what was this guy thinking about exactly? pink sheets? hahahah he should've won!

    Awesomeness, see you on August the 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liliane! Here is the worst part, the guy in the pink, he didn't take that picture Caren did! Hence my tag mentioning the organizations to protect her hehe :D

    See you on the 8th! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the guy with the pink sheets shows up at the show and i get to see the reaction on your face :P that would make my day hahahahaa (A) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious photos!!!
    Is the competition still on?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so lucky the guy in pink sheets didn't apply through twitter! I would have humbly bowed and gave away my victory! Hahaha love it!

    Nemr thank you for the kind words man, means a lot; and can't wait to see the show in 2 Sundays!

    Love,

    Rabih (Slutternude)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wissam.t that would be INSANE!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

    CreativeRule unfortunately not :S

    Mick aka Rabih hahaha I'm telling you the pink dude is EPIC haha! Not at all bro, and I might be in Jordan but if not I will MOST DEFINITELY be at your show on the 5th! See you on the 8th :)

    One Love :)

    ReplyDelete